[Gnumed-devel] Re: GNUmed in Section contents in Synaptic Package Manage

From: James Busser
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: GNUmed in Section contents in Synaptic Package Manager
Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2008 19:30:34 -0700

self-replying to

1. could the deb files and read-me docs include mention of the default user-id and passwords "any-doc", "any-doc"

2. since Debian and especially Ubuntu newbie users of "stable" may be unaware of newer versions of GNUmed, might we mention in future deb and read-me docs a line such as:

Anyone using the "stable" versions of Debian and Debian-based distros like Ubuntu need to be aware that extra steps are required to become aware of, and to install, the server software, and/or newer versions of the GNUmed client. See the online information at www.gnumed.org.

Maybe it would be more simple and consistent if the information instead said:

        Please check the Release status at http://www.gnumed.org

The client should enable connection to the public "test" server using the userid "any-doc" and password "any-doc".

<after this, can the same information as Karsten uses in the client splashscreen be used?>