[Gnumed-devel] Re: GNUmed in Section contents in Synaptic Package Manage

From: Andreas Tille
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: GNUmed in Section contents in Synaptic Package Manager
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2008 13:11:58 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 2 Sep 2008, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

Well, but

  ~$ apt-cache --names-only search ^med- | wc -l
  14

Seems better to me ...

Sure, but that assumes the user supplying the search term
knows that they "should" be searching for "med-". Why on
earth would they type the "-" ?

It works as well without the '-' in the end.

They have no clue that
there is something like tags or meta-packages or CDD let
alone that those are name "med-something" such that they can
be singled out by anchoring the term and appending "-". You
are kidding me, apparently.

No.  The solution is that we should TELL users in a nice document
what they should search ...
Once we have a specific tasksel it might become even simpler ...

Kind regards

       Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de