Re: [Gnumed-devel] Another log 2008-09-04

From: James Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Another log 2008-09-04
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2008 22:10:25 -0700

On 4-Sep-08, at 8:22 PM, Geordie wrote:

It appears the gnumed 0.3 has not hit sid yet

The above can be known to anyone tracking the mailing list.

Given your predilection for Sid, and accordingly "newest", it may reduce your waiting time to serve yourself from CVS.

so ,2,8,10-1 is installed along with Postgresql 8.3.3-1 and

the log file tells me I need database V8 not V9

I will wait for Karsten's answer on the one above, because I believe if you have version 9, then version 8 must exist somewhere.

I guess V8 tastes better. But the good news, things connected, strange but true. Well I apt-get remove purge everything and

started over and followed the wiki and it almost worked. So how does one get to V8? or do I upgrade to 3.0

You won't be able to (apt-get) "upgrade" to client 0.3x until a package is created. So you can *wait* for 0.3x, or you can download and run 0.3.x from cvs, or you can stick with client 0.2.8.10-1 and install
version 8 from

http://www.gnumed.de/downloads/server/