Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Cannot change the dates of the encounters

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Cannot change the dates of the encounters
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2008 13:39:01 +0200

On Thu, Sep 04, 2008 at 05:43:31PM -0700, Jim Busser wrote:

> http://www.dipity.com/user/rwaltvincent/timeline/Hailys_Timeline_of_Medical_Events

This is a good example. It also shows (or rather it does not
really but GNUmed could) what orthogonal ordering means:

The Encounters are chronological along the time line.

The Episodes are stacked vertically.

An Episode will be a stripe *at a particular height* along
the timeline.

Now, if you go straight up from one particular encounter you
will cut through a few stripes == episodes. If you want to
print the encounter details within the entry for each
episode (as we do in the EMR tree) you will see the same
encounter printed several times. And if you edit the
encounter at the bottom it will show up changed in all the
episode cross sections.

A timeline has, BTW, always been planned, we just lack the
manpower to do it.