Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: What happened to gnumed.conf?

From: James Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: What happened to gnumed.conf?
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2008 08:39:45 -0700

On 5-Sep-08, at 4:20 AM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

That's the user-specific preferences remembered from your
last login.

The config file does not HAVE to contain anything else - it
only can.

I was only looking to understand why the login options under the client, for the first time in my recollection, appeared different. It is not just a question of what my client remembered, it is a question of there being no option under the client login to connect to local database which, in my experience (or at least, recollection) had never once been missing.

Mind you this was the first time that I had used the debian-installed version of the gnumed-client whereas all previous times I had run a client from tarballs, or from cvs, or from what Dominique or Sebastian had managed to put into the old Mac OS disk image, if that could explain a difference from what appeared in the various client versions' login options.