Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Cannot change the dates of the encounters

From: James Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Cannot change the dates of the encounters
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2008 09:27:43 -0700

On 5-Sep-08, at 5:15 AM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

Shall we capture some of this thread close to

        http://wiki.gnumed.de/bin/view/Gnumed/BasicEmrConcept

I have added to the above, and also to

        http://wiki.gnumed.de/bin/view/Gnumed/EncounterEpisodeIssue

where I added

Referring back to the example at Dipity, we recall that encounters would be chronological along the time line, with each encounter contributing to one or multiple episodes.

Now, if you go straight up from one particular encounter you will cut through a few stripes == episodes. If you want to print the encounter details within the entry for each episode (as we do in the EMR tree) you will see the same encounter printed several times. And if you edit the encounter at the bottom it will show up changed in all the episode cross-sections.

In point of fact, one encounter may not cut through the episodes exactly vertically. At any one encounter with the EMR, say during a visit today, you may add some information pertaining to earlier events in an episode. The episode might even have been closed. So there is a difference between being able to see the information in the context of when the event was understood to have *occurred* and the fact that the information is only being recorded today. I would not want the fact that I today add and comment about a document, which was mishandled or only received for the first time today, about last year's appendicitis, to force me to re-open the episode and make it appear that the clinical problem of appendicitis had any clinical activity. I only ant to be able, if I would review the information about the appendicitis, to be able to identify that the information was only just added.