Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed & blueprints

From: James Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed & blueprints
Date: Sat, 06 Sep 2008 01:10:25 -0700

On 5-Sep-08, at 11:50 PM, Gour wrote:

Am I the only one who considers that gnumed dev-list is too crowded?

Splitting the contributions into different streams, which will live in different areas, in one way. Doing so may make things easier to find, and may reduce exposure to things that are of less interest.

The above would also not address the volume, if some find (some of) the volume to be too much or not useful or least not of interest to them.

Some, like myself, might limit some postings to private email. Posting to the list only at intervals, with progress, or questions, is possible,

The alternative would be for individuals to apply smart filters to their inboxes. This would cater to the fact that the postings of some people (perhaps me) may be of less of interest than those of others, and could also handle the fact of overlapping topics in single emails. When content overlaps, it would be extra work for people to separate their draft messages and to dispatch them to separate destinations.

Ar minimum, might it be worth sending the bugs generated by the client to a different list? That might make it easier for such bugs to get monitored, *provided* it was not primarily Karsten needing to look in "that other" place.

If anyone could commit to monitoring bug reports, maybe we *could* alter upcoming clients so that the reports would gradually divert to some alternative list. Whoever would be monitoring could run new bugs past Karsten and log them into the bug tracker whereas known bugs and any solution could be communicated to the sender of they identified themselves.