Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: GNUmed & blueprints

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: GNUmed & blueprints
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2008 09:53:12 +0200

On Sun, Sep 07, 2008 at 01:05:53PM -0700, Jim Busser wrote:

>> However, it would be nice to have bug-report email to the tracker
>> instead to the dev list in order to avoid some unnecessary work.
>
> As a minimum, maybe the act of preparing a release can include a
> redirection of the default destination for bug report emails... to send
> them somewhere other than the dev list.

Well, it's up to the maintainers to set the bug reporting
email address to something else when preparing packages for
their distro :-)

Nonetheless, I'd still like to learn about bugs in
production sooner rather than later.

Of course, a layer of triaging (say, Gour looking at
incoming reports and notifying us of those that need
attention) would be useful.