[Gnumed-devel] Re: GNUmed & blueprints

From: Gour
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: GNUmed & blueprints
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2008 12:14:33 +0200

>> With such a low number of users, it is not even unthinkable to
>> request them to either register at LP in order to send back reports

Karsten> It is unthinkable.

Hmm...here is part of the section from Ubuntu site

(https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ReportingBugs)

    * ReportingBugs

Ubuntu uses Launchpad to keep track of bugs and their fixes. To file a
bug you first need to create an account.

So, if it's OK for Ubuntu...

OK, they use https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Apport but it, according to devs,
creates lot of duplicates and it would require some support within
GNUmed.

>> or have them GPG-setup ready

Karsten> This is, too.

I must admit that I do not remember any distro and/or project where one
does not need to register in order to submit bugs to bug trackers and I
do not agree that requiring gpg-signed email when reporting bugs for
application with userbase of ~10 users is too much, but well...

Karsten> As Andreas likes to point out, this Open Source thing is a
Karsten> Do-ocracy.

I cannot do much more here...proposed a way to reduce traffic on
devel-list, have bugs handled on bug tracker by using email-interface
only...

Sincerely,
Gour

--

Gour  | Zagreb, Croatia  | GPG key: C6E7162D