[Gnumed-devel] About bug reports

From: James Busser
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] About bug reports
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2008 15:28:46 -0700

I am happy to have a further look at the Launchpad configuration options though cannot seem to do so as a mere registrant. Do I need more access?

So that we do not lose the value of some thinking done in the setup Savannah here is what we had defined there. Under each Field Label I append the Savannah descriptor along with any project-specific values that we configured so far:

Category
Generally high level modules or functionalities of the software (e.g. User interface, Configuration Manager, etc)

        Our values:
        None | Experimental installs

Severity
        Impact of the item on the system (Critical, Major,...)

        Savannah defaults:
        1 - Wish / Issue which is mainly a matter of taste
2 - Minor / Issue which doesn't affect the object's usefulness, and is presumably trivial to handle
        3 - Normal
4 - Important / Issue which has a major effect on the usability of the object, without rendering it completely unusable to everyone 5 - Blocker / Issue which makes the object in question unusable or mostly so, or causes data loss
        6 - Security / Issue which introduces a security breach

Item Group
Characterizes the nature of the item (e.g. Crash Error, Documentation Typo, Installation Problem, etc

        Our values:
External (3rd party) issue / An issue with an external tool. Not really a GNUmed bug.
        Crash Error/ Includes unhandled & handled exceptions
        Client section
                -client won't (fully) start
        Documentation problem
        Server problem
Status
        Current status of the item
Privacy
Determines whether the item can be seen by members of the project only or anybody.
Open/Closed
Most basic status of the item: is the item considered as dealt with or not.
Discussion Lock
        Determines whether comments can still be added to the item
Comment Type
        Specify the nature of the follow up comment attached to this item
Canned Responses
Create or change generic quick response messages for this issue tracker. These pre-written messages can then be used to quickly reply to item submissions.