Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Can� t change the dates of the encounters

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Can� t change the dates of the encounters
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2008 23:05:08 +0200

On Fri, Sep 05, 2008 at 05:21:27PM -0300, Rogerio Luz wrote:

> Ok I see what is hapening, but tell me the steps I need to do then to make a
> medical record transition from paper
> to the EMR
>
> 1) 1st encounter, discussed Cold Episode, in 2000 - 09 -18
> SOAP , medication etc...
> 2) 2nd encounter, discussed Night sweats episode, in 2000 -12 - 23
> SOAP , exams, medication etc...
>
> This is my patient´s chart, how to make it into a GNUmed record? Mind you I
> need to register the timestamp above, not
> the time the record is being fed to GNUmed. And I donpt want to make a
> modification to one timestamp and it alter the other

Rogerio, here goes:

- activate patient
- enter progress note for Cold episode
- save as new episode "common cold"

- start new encounter via menu item

- enter progress note for Night sweats
- save as episode "night sweats"
- go to EMR tree
- unfold the "common cold"
- right-click the encounter (it still has the wrong date and time)
- select "details editing"
- set the proper date and time (2000-09-18)
- save the changes
- now the encounter should show the correct timestamp
- do the same with the second encounter

The trick here is to start a new encounter before entering
data for a new encounter :-))   This decouples the data from
each other.

Does that help ?