Re: [Gnumed-devel] proposal (was Re: automatic bug report redirection)

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] proposal (was Re: automatic bug report redirection)
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2008 16:40:29 +0200

On Tue, Sep 09, 2008 at 03:56:34PM +0200, Gour wrote:

> So, I created address@hidden email account which I'll use to pick all the
> email from gnumed-bugs list and then use small script which I just
> tested locally to sign all those automatic reports with one of my active
> keys on LP and forward them to being created as bug tickets at LP's
> tracker.

Sounds perfect to me. I thought I had suggested that, too ?
Maybe there was a big misunderstanding on that.

Until October your script will have to filter out bugs from
the -devel list unless someone else checks the -bugs list
settings and enables whatever is necessary. After October
10th I'm fine to do that, too.

> If [...] agrees, then I need few info:

I don't have to agree. You can just do it without need for
permission. It's open source, after all, so we are happy
about people *doing* something.

> a) what default importance to put for those bug tickets?

My suggestion would be "normal" but since you likely know
the tracker better than me I'd suggest hashing it out with
Jerzy, Sebastian and Jim while I'm having impaired access.

> b) which tag(s) to use for those newly-created tickets originating from
> automatic reports?

Your earlier suggestion to label them with at least
"auto-created by talkback client" is a good one IMO. There
could be other tags but I suggest deciding as it goes.

> so that our Bug-squashing [...] can filter them nicely and not be
> overburdened with the bug notifications he is not interested ;)

If you do the above please email me instructions on how I
get Launchpad to keep me posted on the tracker items. I
likely won't get around to doing that before October,
though.

Thanks,