[Gnumed-devel] Re: proposal

From: Gour
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: proposal
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2008 18:06:23 +0200

>>>>> "Karsten" == Karsten Hilbert <address@hidden> writes:

Karsten> Sounds perfect to me. I thought I had suggested that, too ?
Karsten> Maybe there was a big misunderstanding on that.

I'm aware that you suggested it, but I still consider it 'ugly'
solution.

Karsten> Until October your script will have to filter out bugs from the
Karsten> -devel list unless someone else checks the -bugs list settings
Karsten> and enables whatever is necessary. After October 10th I'm fine
Karsten> to do that, too.

OK.

Karsten> I don't have to agree. You can just do it without need for
Karsten> permission. It's open source, after all, so we are happy about
Karsten> people *doing* something.

Let's see...

>> a) what default importance to put for those bug tickets?

Karsten> My suggestion would be "normal" but since you likely know the
Karsten> tracker better than me I'd suggest hashing it out with Jerzy,
Karsten> Sebastian and Jim while I'm having impaired access.

Choose from the list: [wishlist, low, medium, high, critical]

>> b) which tag(s) to use for those newly-created tickets originating
>> from automatic reports?

Karsten> Your earlier suggestion to label them with at least
Karsten> "auto-created by talkback client" is a good one IMO. There
Karsten> could be other tags but I suggest deciding as it goes.

I'm suggesting something shorter: 'stack-trace, 'crash-tracker',
 'automatic-report'....?

at least this is what is used on other trackers, one (compound)word.

Karsten> If you do the above please email me instructions on how I get
Karsten> Launchpad to keep me posted on the tracker items. I likely
Karsten> won't get around to doing that before October, though.

Apply for membership in GNUmed dev team and subscribe to bugs.

Sincerely,
Gour

--

Gour  | Zagreb, Croatia  | GPG key: C6E7162D