Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: GNUmed & blueprints

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: GNUmed & blueprints
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 11:17:15 +0200

On Montag 08 September 2008, Gour wrote:r him.

> Jerzy: any idea about Exception handler so that we can get those traces
> into LP by as gpg-signed emails?

You need a script on a server pulling emails that were sent to
address@hidden (those are the ones that come from the traces) ,
gpg-sign them automically and send them to launchpad. Nice little program for
a python beginner.

> Because we are discussing all those issues to raise the GNUmed userbase
> to the higher magnitude - let's say ~100 hundred for the beginning :-)

Let me reality check you here. Do you think that changing anything *but*
GNUmed feature will increase interested persons let alone users ?

If Firefox switched to launchpad and bzr do you think it would influence your
decision ?

I welcome your effort to increase the maintainability of the project for the
case that the userbase will reach something like 100 users but those users
come because of features not because of technology.

Ask your wife why she would use GNUmed. Because you like the code ? or because
she can get work done ?

> Using LP's bug tracker is just first step. There are more...blueprints,
> knowledge base etc.

I think in the future we will make use of them. I am not that worried. I see
an even bigger problem. If Ubuntu guys get the fixed version in there
wouldn't be those stupid duplicates.

Anyone volunteering to become involved as MOTU so fixes will go in faster ?

--
Sebastian Hilbert
Leipzig / Germany