Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: GNUmed & blueprints

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: GNUmed & blueprints
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 13:28:33 +0200

On Mittwoch 10 September 2008, Gour wrote:

> Hello Jerzy,
>
> > Ooooo! I didn't notice that. As I prefer open source and Gnumed
>
> Jerzy> needs consistent licensing (not mixed GNU and BDS), I would stay
> Jerzy> away from closed source.
>
> I wouldn't evangelize too much about it while we are producing
> applications for proprietary OS-es ;)

Let me rephrase. LP usage is ok (for me) if it leads to better quality. LP
code or license wash-in is unacceptable.

After all we don't need LP. It was offered to us and I greatfully accepted it.

Doctors treat patients. We are trained not to care where you are from , what
you possess etc. We get the job done (or else you might die while we debate)
*but* we respect (even if it leads to death) the wishes of a patient.

that means we respect LP's choice to aks us for a BSD license but we do away
with it if it is against the stated wish of the patient (GNUmed).

IT/IS people might sometimes be more pragmatic in their choices but otoh if
they screw up hardly anyone dies.
--
Sebastian Hilbert
Leipzig / Germany