Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: GNUmed manual

From: James Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: GNUmed manual
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 09:04:14 -0700

On 10-Sep-08, at 6:24 AM, Gour wrote:

"For the beginning, I am humbly asking you to work on the manual's
outline (being in Haskell, I'm top-bottom guy) and write it down - based
on current wiki docs.

Here are one person's thoughts:

- I will need to scale back a bit of my energy for other things hence need to choose wisely

- my highest priorities include maintaining whatever is current momentum, that means helping to keep information clear for the benefit of current participants and this means keeping wiki pointers and status information updated and (as admin) clearing out some spam that is being protected from entering gnumed-devel and gnumed-bugs

- there is also my side-work to get Mirth working so GNUmed can import HL& labs from my region and I am hoping that the method and the Mirth channels that I am getting developed will at last assist others by being able to be used as a starting point

- also in the interest of current participants being able to work more effectively then if bugs can be handled better that will be great and to this extent I support the being-improved bug process

- when I have the chance I may put some forward-thinking thoughts together about what GNUmed faces... there is a tension between wanting to make it usable for more people but also the idea of sustainability and both involve some clearer picture of where and how we want to get

- all of the above I introduce so that Gour can know any slowness on my part to jump into manual *writing* is not to be confused with any non-support of the *proposal*. I think before I would ever get to *writing* I would wish to get clear for myself what and how we want to write which will serve a different/better/complementary purpose than what the wiki does. These may include things like offline, version-frozen, figures or diagrams etc. This is maybe suitably done at the same time as an outline.

We can also first review
        http://salaam.homeunix.com/bin/view/Gnumed/DocumentationPlanner
        http://salaam.homeunix.com/bin/view/Gnumed/DocumentationNG