Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: GNUmed vision and how to get there - specific

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: GNUmed vision and how to get there - specific
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 23:36:33 +0200

On Donnerstag 11 September 2008, Rogerio Luz wrote:
> Ok so here I can help.
>
> What do I need GNUmed to do/be to sell it around (even for free) here in
> Brasil?
>
> 1st -  modularity, the way the client gets installed is not ideal for a
> Brasilian practice, too much noise on importing xDT (wich I have no idea
> for what purpose I would want to do) and scanning images.

xdt is a German emr exchange format of sorts. It can be exported by man german
med practice packages. we can import patient records in this format

You can simply disable it.

http://wiki.gnumed.de/bin/view/Gnumed/CustomizingClientStartup

> Of course if my collegue the Dermathologist would have a SUPER computer
> with that much space lying around he should be able to install the import
> scan/camera module.

You can simply diable it.

http://wiki.gnumed.de/bin/view/Gnumed/CustomizingClientStartup

> Lab test results are a litle worse, we are just begining to be able to
> access the lab server to download the little buggers from there via HTML, I
> do not see it in the near future the possibility of a "one format fits all"
> for our current labs here in Brasil, I could be mistaken though.

Depends on how much they change over time. We have code that imports lab data
from LDT files (Germany) so you could write an html parser and feed it to the
importer ort you could transform the html into something MIRTH can eat (if I
am correct)

> For example my GNUmed would have the basic TREE VIEW, JOURNAL and PROGRESS
> NOTES, all other tabs in the bottom I would gladly (in the beggining) get
> rid of ...

I would create a new workplace name 'Rogerios GNUmed' from within GNUmed

http://wiki.gnumed.de/bin/view/Gnumed/CustomizingClientStartup

and then hack the name of the worplace into the config file

http://wiki.gnumed.de/bin/view/Gnumed/CustomizingClientStartup

Voila

--
Sebastian Hilbert