Re: [Gnumed-devel] running multiple versions of gnumed-client

From: James Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] running multiple versions of gnumed-client
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 17:06:48 -0700

On 11-Sep-08, at 12:29 PM, Sebastian Hilbert wrote:

Just observations by which to maybe later update documentation...
when running from tarball

- the *contents* (offered profiles) with which to possibly *connect*
appear reloaded each time from /etc/gnumed/gnumed-client.conf plus
<tarball>/client/gm-from-cvs.conf

- the *preference* for whichever was selected last time does seem to
get written into, and to update, <tarball>/client/gm-from-cvs.conf

http://wiki.gnumed.de/bin/view/Gnumed/ConfigFiles

Having been pointed to the above by Sebastian I found not only the info but the backlinks which include

        http://wiki.gnumed.de/bin/view/Gnumed/GnumedManual

and within the above page the link is indeed there, however it is lower down within the "Administrator Guide" portion of a long page.

I suppose what this points out to me is that even though the information is there, I did not yet realize it was there. Also, if I was to have looked for the information, I would have been thinking in terms of "what do I need to know if I want to run clients from both the system-install and tarball".

This would be a section of a manual distinct from "reference". Before too long we might benefit from some of what Gour has been suggesting. As promised, I will come back to this and even loosen my grip on the wiki to write offline as soon as I am positioned to make that transition, maybe after my next heavy clinical period Oct through 1st half November.