[Gnumed-devel] GNUmed on the go - take the EMR with you

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed on the go - take the EMR with you
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 13:02:14 +0200

Hi all,

I am proud to announce that based on work I completed a year ago we can now
have frequently updated version of GNUmed on the go (TM).

What is GNUmed on the go ?
GNUmed on the go is GNUmed for Windows packages to be run from a portable
device such as USB drive without any installlation. No more dependencies. Run
anywhere, anytime. Just doubleclick and connect to the server of your choice.

On top of that GNUmed portable has been packaged to fit right into the
PortableApps USB drive solution (www.portableapps.org)

This will  cater for two groups of doctors. One group is forced to use MS
Windows PCs and prefers to have gnumed run off any portable device such as
usb drive, ipod or mp3player. The other group just wants to check out GNUmed
on a local PC without taking care of any dependencies.

Two files are available and serve that purpose:
GNUmed_Portable_0.3.2.paf.exe installs right onto your USB drive which has
portable app installed or in a directory of your choice on your PC.

Disclaimer: Do not use it for anything else but testing when installing on
your local PC. Once you decide to use GNUmed on your PC we recommend a full
installation as described over at wiki.gnumed.de

Planned: integrate with the portable OpenOffice
Planned: Adapt the splash screen (now shows abiword :-)
Planned: Adapt the documentation

Get it now at
http://www.gnumed.de/downloads/client/0.3/GNUmed_Portable_0.3.2.paf.exe
--