Re: [Gnumed-devel] Report

From: Jerzy Luszawski
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Report
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2008 21:38:38 +0200

Saturday 13 of September 2008 5:48:42 pm Sebastian Hilbert napisaƂ(a):
> > How do I make reports from GNUmed ?
> >
> > I have less than ZERO understanding in SQL ... is this rocket science ?
no, it is not, but it is not a programming language, just formalized query
language (at least for your needs). You must keep in mind that it works like
this: you issue a query to database, then receive the answer in the form
of "recordset" which can be treated like a table with rows and columns, then
you can issue another query, and so on.
I found interesting tutorial at http://www.sqlcourse.com/
Just go through first 3 steps (up to SELECT statement)

> > I would like to generate reports as "Clinical Summaries of EMR" for
> > patients (back up purposes) and "Consultation Summary" to hand to each
> > patient in each visit.
> What is your exact use case and what info do you want in the report ?
I think I have similar need.
Try to specify some details what you want. Then maybe I will create something
that will suit both of us, and perhaps others too.
If you can do it in Launchpad, we can test how it works there. (I think it
should be submited as blueprint.)

Jerzy