[Gnumed-devel] enhanced bug-handler (was Re: <bug>: :) first 0.3.2 bug ?

From: Gour
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] enhanced bug-handler (was Re: <bug>: :) first 0.3.2 bug ??)
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2008 12:51:01 +0200

>>>>> "James" == James Busser <address@hidden> writes:

James> Things are not yet smooth:

Right.

James> 1. the 0.3.2 client does not appear by default to send
James> auto-generated bugs to gnumed-bugs (it does not by default send
James> anywhere... the sendto field within the dialog is empty and must
James> be filled-in by the user. The current implementation is likely to
James> reduce auto-generated bug reports going to gnumed-bugs.

;)

James> 3. I did manually address at least one autogenerated bug to
James> gnumed- bugs but on leaning that Gour did not see any I
James> discovered that gnumed-bugs was set to require moderation for all
James> posts. therefore in the queue waiting approval were 3 emails
James> which I have now sent through.

Thanks.

James> I have also unset the requires-moderation bit for the four
James> currently- subscribed addresses (karsten's, mine, the gnumed A'T
James> gmx.net address which is used by the unhandled exception
James> auto-emailer and the gnumed A'T gmail.com address used by Gour.

Good.

James> I don't anticipate sending anything to gnumed-bugs, except any
James> thing that appears to be not-yet-reported 0.3.2 bugs and to send
James> these via the unhandled exception auto-emailer.

In the meantime I hit a bug with LP's email interface which prevents one
to create bug report AND attach file at the same time. The problem is
that signing check fails 'cause attached-part is not signed.

I chatted with the folks at #launchpad and I'm promised that it will be
looked upon tomorrow.

The web interface allows it so let's hope the fix won't be too
difficult.

For the moment, I am doing some monkey-business and manually created bug
tickets for reports in gnumed-bugs.

However, to summarize - new code has to provide:

a) three lines

 affects gnumed
 tag automatic-report
 importance medium

b) body of the automatic report should contain some short user comments

c) subject can contain <bug> 'tag' plus some extra info

d) log file has to be gzipped and attached as *.tar.gz with e.g. 'log
file' description 'because they are otherwise too big for bug-ticket and
it's cumbersome to have such a big text in the tickets.

Shall we add a 'small blueprint' for it or it will be remembered?

Sincerely,
Gour

--

Gour  | Zagreb, Croatia  | GPG key: C6E7162D