Re: [Gnumed-devel] how to purge test patients' data?

From: James Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] how to purge test patients' data?
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2008 11:30:55 -0700

On 14-Sep-08, at 7:47 AM, Jerzy Luszawski wrote:

Is there any script to purge the test patients' data from locally bootstraped database, preserving necessary config data?

I doubt there is yet such a script. But one which would delete *all* patients and their data, but leaving intact staff, would be useful. In the meantime I can only pull from Karsten's previous reply to Rogerio

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gnumed-devel/2008-08/msg00157.html
I suggest using pgadminIII. Go to the table dem.v_basic_person. Find the appropriate record. Note the pk_identity. Go to dem.identity. Delete the record with the id/ pk noted before. You will probably receive integrity errors. Delete all dependant rows from other tables (they will contain demographic and clinical data). Then again delete the dem.identity row.

I suspect that the dependent rows in other tables would be given by the list that is below http://salaam.homeunix.com/~ncq/gnumed/schema/devel/gnumed- schema.html#dem.table.identity

Probably we need identification of what a GNUmed evaluator needs to clean out for proper "clean" conversion to a production system. This includes removing any other staff who should not have access to the live database and maybe the removal of various "types" definitions which might make no sense to the local context. Thre is also the question of altering the "Welcome to the USS Enterprise" row and perhaps ensuring that the postgres password is not simply "postgres" and that the gm-dbo password is not simply "gm-dbo".

Perhaps for people who would do a clean install it would desirable to be able to bootstrap without certain test data (or at least without the patient component). Perhaps

        bootstrap-latest.sh ...  called with some argument like  --no-test-data

At the bottom of
        http://wiki.gnumed.de/bin/view/Gnumed/ServerInstallUpgrade

I did see

If you want to tweak things by hand read the config files and the source of the bootstrapping scripts. All the config file parameters are documented in bootstrap-standard.conf.template.

but the template contents were hard for me to follow...  :-)