Re: [Gnumed-devel] USBPG for Windows - make it work

From: James Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] USBPG for Windows - make it work
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2008 11:34:42 -0700

On 14-Sep-08, at 11:17 AM, Sebastian Hilbert wrote:

I don't forsee any problems. I would not copy but use dump and restore

Presumably dump from the pendrive (which contained what had been in the office, plus new data) and restore from this into the office database.

or master, slave repilcation in that case.

Not clear. If the pendrive was the slave, replicated from the office "master", edits should not be done directly in the pendrive slave, should they?

Or is it a case where the two (office and pendrive) each have dual status, as master and slave to each other, so that changes in one get mirrored to the other?