Re: [Gnumed-devel] USBPG for Windows - make it work

From: James Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] USBPG for Windows - make it work
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2008 14:50:27 -0700

On 14-Sep-08, at 2:42 PM, Rogerio Luz wrote:

The only downside I see is it being Windows only ... can I configure Linux PostgreSQL to save the database ina USB ??

I would have thought that a database dumped from Windows would be cross-readable from Linux.

But I will have to recheck Sebastian's post... I failed to recall --- in this whole thread --- that in order for you to run GNUmed (not just the client, but all of GNUmed) from a USB drive would require to be able to access a server which sounded, in your case, that you would be wanting the server also to be on the USB drive.

I did not think that was in scope for what was possible (or at least practical) on the USB drive!