Re: [Gnumed-devel] unhandled exceptions and local database "in-productio

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] unhandled exceptions and local database "in-production"
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 11:39:13 +0200

> When I run from tarball in a local database, I am still presented
> with the USS Enterprise login screen because I made no change to the
> database notice "row". Also I have within this database the standard
> 'test" data (patient Kirk etc).
>
> Therefore I am wondering why, when I triggered an unhandled exception
> (by clicking the client window's "X" [close] box, I was cautioned
> that in view of mine being an 'in-production database..." (to be
> careful about the log...).
Well,

a) the config file does not define the local database as being "public access"
b) the client code does not know any other way to know whether a database is
"public access"

> Also, even though running from tarball lacks configuration where to
> email the report, the hint currently (even in 0.3.2) is to gnumed-
> devel and I am understanding the hint should instead be "gnumed-
> address@hidden".
0.3.2 was released before address@hidden was activated. In fact, I didn,t plan
to do so before
Japan but the Wiki page already said so so I thought of the *minimum*-hassle
way of enabling what
the Wiki said :-)   Which is to make it *possible* (even for some values of
"default") to post to
gnumed-bugs...

http://www.gmx.net/de/go/multimessenger