Re: [Gnumed-devel] unhandled exceptions and local database "in-productio

From: James Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] unhandled exceptions and local database "in-production"
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 10:22:28 -0700

On 15-Sep-08, at 2:39 AM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

Well,

a) the config file does not define the local database as being "public access" b) the client code does not know any other way to know whether a database is "public access"

I only did not remember any such contextual language when I previously had a local database running, mind you that was many months ago so maybe the contextual language in the unhandled exception widget is new or I just don't remember. But the way you now have it makes sense, I might only suggest "in-production (?)" instead of "in-production" since, as you say, the client code does not know. Happy to file if you are inclined to accept the proposal.

Also, even though running from tarball lacks configuration where to
email the report, the hint currently (even in 0.3.2) is to gnumed-
devel and I am understanding the hint should instead be "gnumed-
address@hidden".
0.3.2 was released before address@hidden was activated. In fact, I didn,t plan to do so before Japan but the Wiki page already said so so I thought of the *minimum*-hassle way of enabling what the Wiki said :-) Which is to make it *possible* (even for some values of "default") to post to
gnumed-bugs...

Thank you for doing what you were able. We have likely covered it off anyway on account of messages that would have gone to -devel (hopefully) now bouncing to me but maybe I will test that to be sure :-)