Re: [Gnumed-devel] 0.3.2 feedback: unwrap datetime stamps following SOAP

From: James Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] 0.3.2 feedback: unwrap datetime stamps following SOAP labels?
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 13:34:04 -0700

On 15-Sep-08, at 1:10 PM, Rogerio Luz wrote:

you [may] have to scroll a lot down to see who the doctor is who made it ...

I am only thinking it is helpful / desirable that the datetime stamp and provider be able to be mentally set aside so that the clinician can focus on the actual content (the "story") that is inside the note. Maybe to put at at the top of each segment, and formatted differently to de-emphasize it, could help.

I think I still like it better "trailing" especially is there is some additional or other way to see the information in the tree or the right panel. If any one SOAP display  is always limited to chunking together only the clinical narrative that relates to the particular day then maybe the date could be abstracted higher in that item's display and only the times shown.

-- Subjective ----------

   address@hidden:16][ <gm-dbo> ]
   accid cut himself left forearm -2/24 w/ dirty
   blade rescuing self from being tentacled,
   extraterrest.envir.

 -- Objective ----------

   address@hidden:20 <gm-dbo>]
   left ulnar forearm; 6cm dirty laceration;
   skin/sc fat only; musc/tend not injured; no dist sens loss;
   pain/redness++; smelly secretion+; no pus [
 -- Assessment ----------

   address@hidden:21 <gm-dbo>]
   contam/infected knife cut left arm, ?extraterr. vector, needs
   ABs/surg/blood
           address@hidden:21 <gm-dbo>]
   ?contaminated laceration L forearm