[Gnumed-devel] Re: Schema tables clin.clin_diag and clin.health_issue

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Schema tables clin.clin_diag and clin.health_issue
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 11:50:43 +0200

> The table structures clin.clin_diag and clin.health_issue seem the
> same except the latter has a few extra fields.
>
> Was clin_diag the progeny of earlier efforts and is it now obsoleted
> by health_issue?
No. diag extends clin_narrative rows (soAp, mostly) marking them as "this IS a
scientific diagnosis,
not just a professional opinion).

It isnt quite modelled to perfection as can easily be seen.

clin.health_issue rows could be considered diagnoses by default if the
clinicians agree. Or only
if their description matches a coded diagnosis (that would be my opinion).

Jetzt dabei sein: http://www.shortview.de/address@hidden