[Gnumed-devel] I need some direction.

From: Joe Hildreth
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] I need some direction.
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 15:25:12 -0500 (CDT)

Hello Group,

Please forgive me if I posted to the wrong list.

I received an email through the Ubuntu Forums that GnuMed may do what I was
looking for some software to do for me. I have a need to archive some medical
records. After looking through the docs on the GnuMed site, I decided I wanted
to give it a go.

The problem I have is when I try to launch the client I get an error message
which I will append to the end of this message.

Here are my particulars:

OS: Ubuntu 8.04
PostgreSQL 8.3
Gnumed Client 0.2.8.10
python-wxgtk2.8

I would like to hook up a Fujitsu scanner and scan and archive, death records
and other patient data so the paper records can eventually be destroyed and
maintain the ability to search and print various records archived to the
system. I understand that GNUMED is capable of doing it. If I can get it
working at this hospital, I have four or five more facilities that would be
interested in that solution, in return, I expect feedback that could help make
the product better.

Here is the error I get when trying to start the client, can someone help me
fix it? I am not a linux newbie, but at the same time I am no guru.

Many thanks for your time and energy.

Regards,

Joe Hildreth

[error message]

address@hidden:~$ gnumed
Cannot open any log file.

CRITICAL ERROR: Cannot load GNUmed Python modules ! - Program halted.

Please make sure you have:

 1) the required third-party Python modules installed
 2) the GNUmed Python modules linked or installed into site-packages/
    (if you do not run from a CVS tree the installer should have taken care of
that)
 3) your PYTHONPATH environment variable set up correctly

sys.path is currently set to:

 /usr/share/python-support/gnumed-client/Gnumed/wxpython
 /usr/lib/python25.zip
 /usr/lib/python2.5
 /usr/lib/python2.5/plat-linux2
 /usr/lib/python2.5/lib-tk
 /usr/lib/python2.5/lib-dynload
 /usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages
 /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages
 /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/Numeric
 /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/PIL
 /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gst-0.10
 /var/lib/python-support/python2.5
 /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gtk-2.0
 /var/lib/python-support/python2.5/gtk-2.0
 /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/wx-2.8-gtk2-unicode

If you are running from a copy of the CVS tree make sure you
did run gnumed/check-prerequisites.sh with good results.

If you still encounter errors after checking the above
requirements please ask on the mailing list.

[/error message]