Fwd: [Gnumed-devel] EMR tree display of allergy

From: James Busser
Subject: Fwd: [Gnumed-devel] EMR tree display of allergy
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2008 14:45:26 -0700

From: Rogerio Luz <address@hidden>

Unknown (I suggest Unasked is better)
Undisclosed (I strongly prefer Unanswered)
None

Agree, this looks exactly what I hoped for

Sorry about any downstream impacts (on translation) of GUI text changes although people may agree that it is premature to consider the GUI as suitable to be frozen... it has really not yet gone through a full cycle of discussion.

No problem the Poedit program makes this change in translation very ... VERY ... easy :) the translation is not the issue here, but I feared that a change in the term itself would elicit some "devious" understanding I did not have of the role of the Allergy applet.

But of course your e-mail made me a lot more confident I got it.

So, unless other Native Speakers of English have any thing against your suggestions I support fully these new terms (still think that "Not yet Asked" or Not Assessed is a little more "politically correct" than Unasked though, but as I mentioned I am not a 100% native speaker, so I guess the final vote comes back to you :)))

You are correct that "Unasked" may not be gentle, but I have colleagues who similarly believe when a rectal exam is not done by a clinician, they should either omit the lack of evaluation from the report, or should say "not done". Inserting "yet" adds nothing but the promise of something which may never happen. We may as well default the value to be "hopefully to be ascertained at some future time". :-)

Which among

        {Unasked, Not yet Asked}

is believed may get the question answered sooner? :-)

PS Unasked takes fewer characters.