Re: [Gnumed-devel] Progress notes, summaries, episode names and the Asse

From: James Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Progress notes, summaries, episode names and the Assessment of Encounters (AOEs)
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2008 14:48:37 -0700

2) I cannot invoke a prompt to be able to input an AOE from inside a
patient.

open tree
go to encounter
right click
edit encounter details

... it appears in the EMR tree [as soon as] the first narrative is saved.

I see that now and yes, at this point, it is editable

Possibly an AOE may only otherwise be prompted after returning to a
patient *after* the pre-defined expiry of the encounter??

Nope, as soon as it appears

No, it is *editable*, but there is no prompt for AOE for AOE details until after you have departed the patient and later come back.

After Saving a progress note, I appreciate that the visit may not yet
be over, because the patient could ask me something else. However if
the patient exists the door and 99/100 times do not come immediately
back I would want to put in the AOE now.
We may need to re-evaluate the logic that decides whether to prompt or not.

I have put this in my summary of change requests (which I am holding onto for now ) :-)