Re: [Gnumed-devel] Portable GNUmed issue

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Portable GNUmed issue
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 02:15:59 +0200

> I am looking at my newly started (hurray!! ) GNUmed Porable client, the
> thing is I think I discovered why I could not run it it the other PC ...
>
> I think the GNUmed client makes a \.gnumed  folder in the HARDDRIVE with
> all
> the GNUmed config files in the  "current user" folder.

It does and it requires that. But not "on the harddrive" but rather "in the
home directory". So you may
need to use a symlink for .gnumed or put the homedir onto the stick or
something similar.

> Well if this is the case then it will be IMPOSSIBLE for me to make it run
> in
> some of these PC´s ... Besides when I read the wiki for the first time
> the
> thing I liked the most is it´s ability to NOT leave anything behind

We can try not failing if we cannot create the .gnumed directory. We will
discover dependancies on
it down the road which we will later have to fix up.