Re: [Gnumed-devel] EMR tree display of allergy

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] EMR tree display of allergy
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 08:19:49 +0200

Maybe we need to think about this again, and differently:

What patient states can there be ?

 - patient is known to currently have no known allergies

 - patient is known to have only certain allergies to the best of knowledge

 - patient is "known" to have allergies but we do not know which

 - there is NO information as to whether the patient has allergies or not

What doctor-data source interaction can have happened ?

 - data source has not been queried

 - data source has been queried

So, a matrix will help perhaps:

                    no allergies         only certain allergies
undetermined allergies         NO information

not queried

queried

allergy state:

0 - was asked, no known allergies
1 - was asked, only certain allergies
-1 - was asked, but remains (completely) unknown
NULL - not yet asked

I do believe this covers all cases. Mixed cases do exist but they will have to
modelled by allergies
named "trigger uncertain" or "trigger withheld" or some such.

Re symbolism:

Greek Phi is great for no allergies.
? is great for unasked

Maybe "!?" would work for "asked but no data obtained" ?

The tooltip would reveal the long form.

In state = 1 the triggers would be short-listed. Again, the tooltip reveals
more details.