[Gnumed-devel] Re: Mirth channels and HL7 import for the GNUmed project

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Mirth channels and HL7 import for the GNUmed project - test source message
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2008 11:39:01 +0200

Hello David,

> What I can tell you about Mirth so far is that it is not easy to follow.
I heard as much.

> There are basically no comments in the code, and no supporting design
> documenation accompanying it. This is really poor. There are also several
> places where Mirth is customising some classes that are inside other jars
> and putting them higher in the classpath. This is a fairly common practise
> in java but only as a last resort after consideration of all the
> alternatives. The downside is, that it makes upgrading these external
> libraries difficult, createing a larger dependency on the specific version
> of these external libraries. Whilst sometimes this is unavoidable, Mirth
> have not offered any explanations in any of their code or documenation as
> why this decision has been made, and what has changed in the customised
> classes. This is also poor.
:-(

> I notice that the Mirth website says that the documentation is coming.
I do believe this has been there for "quite a while".

> Lastly, I wanted to ask if you have heard of Argus and has this been
> considered as a way to send encrypted messages?
I have heard of it and read some of its code.

> I am assuming that Mirth
> does not encrypt any messages but I have not confirmed this. Is encrypting
> messages a requriement?
Not with the current use case in mind. The xml wrapped hl7 will arrive by means
other than
Mirth on Jims machine. Only from then on will Mirth work with the messages
locally for which
encryption would rather be an optional perk IMO. AFAIK it does *store* messages
encrypted
in its own database.

Jetzt dabei sein: http://www.shortview.de/address@hidden