[Gnumed-devel] Re: Database install

From: Geordie
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Database install
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2008 21:55:38 -0400

Hi Sebastian

Here is where I sarted
User's Guide for the Live-CD
 GNUmed Live CD (image) is available from the download section at the moment:
Index of /downloads/live-cd
When checked the download section Debian Lenny Beta 2 came up and I downloaded
that material, created the cd and ran it in VirtualBox. I notice today
when I tried to retrace my steps This information pops up. That is not what I
received
    -
[   ]  binary-0.2.8.10-2.iso  28-Jul-2008 19:08   523M
[   ]  config.tgz  18-Apr-2008 11:49   463K
[DIR]  old/  01-Sep-2008 13:52    -

the script I was inreference to is this

Produce a GNUmed Live-CD
 Build from Template
 Download http://www.gnumed.de/downloads/live-cd/config.tgz. Unpack it to a
directory like /root/debian-live. Change into that directory and and
run 'lh_build'

I have not tried the binary-0.2.8.10-2.iso another day

The net install of Lenny was reenactment of the steps I took to get my machine
up and running. It was suggested here to use Lenny so I thought I give
it a try using a metapackage installer for most of the items I wanted. I was
trying to avoid the full blown KDE. There was a lot of programs that I
do not use.

You could just as well have tried Ubuntu. openSUSE, Mandriva, Fedora
I have a few personal reasons for not using these. I have considered looking
into Gentoo but that won't happen until the new year. To many other
things to do

Is this good or bad ?
sidux KDE light was download cd buned and installed in an hour and half. sidux
itself install in under 5 minutes. I think that is reasonable

Pardon me ? I believe you got the client installed. Please tell me your
expectations so we can see if we can get anywhere near of what you expected.
Yes I started the gnumed client checked in as any-doc and ended up in the error
console.

I think i did the bootstrap before I started gnumed-client.

If you update ledgersmb in a year or so and it messes up the database it won't
hurt. If you update GNUmed that way and it messes up the database (it will )
people might die.
I am not so sure about that.  Any accountant that I know lost any data, he
surely would believe that was the end of the world.

We have not done this because this procedure cannot be used for updates and we
anticipate hard to track errors introduced by this procedure.
No problem. I understand the concern.
For myself this is one of the few programs that does like to install. I very
rarely have this problem in Debian. When i have to start messing with
confiquation files or xorg that is when I run into trouble. That usually
happens late at night and is caused by a bad case of thick fingers
logs

address@hidden:~# #!/bin/bash
address@hidden:~#
address@hidden:~# # ============================================
address@hidden:~# # $Source:
/sources/gnumed/gnumed/gnumed/server/bootstrap/net_install-gnumed_server.sh,v $
address@hidden:~# # $Id: net_install-gnumed_server.sh,v 1.6 2008/08/01 10:38:25
ncq Exp $
address@hidden:~# # ============================================
address@hidden:~#
address@hidden:~# # try to determine distribution of target system
address@hidden:~# # SUSE
address@hidden:~# if [ -f /etc/SuSE-release ]; then
address@hidden:~# # Debian
address@hidden:~# if [ -f /etc/debian_version ]; then
> .DEPS="gnumed-common postgresql postgresql-client cron anacron tar hostname
> coreutils mailx openssl bzip2 gzip gnupg mc rsync python-psycopg2 sudo
wget"
> .PKG_INSTALLER="apt-get install"
> .SYS_TYPE="Debian"
> fi
-su: .DEPS=gnumed-common postgresql postgresql-client cron anacron tar hostname
coreutils mailx openssl bzip2 gzip gnupg mc rsync python-psycopg2 sudo
wget: command not found
-su: .PKG_INSTALLER=apt-get install: command not found
-su: .SYS_TYPE=Debian: command not found
address@hidden:~# # Mandriva
address@hidden:~# if [ -f /etc/mandriva-release ]; then
> .DEPS="gnumed-common postgresql postgresql-client cron anacron tar hostname
> coreutils mailx openssl bzip2 gnupg mc rsync python-psycopg2 gzip"
> .PKG_INSTALLER="urpmi"
> .SYS_TYPE="Mandriva"
> fi
address@hidden:~#
address@hidden:~# echo ""

address@hidden:~# echo "================================================"
address@hidden:~# echo "This GNUmed helper will download and install the"
This GNUmed helper will download and install the
address@hidden:~# echo "latest GNUmed server onto your ${SYS_TYPE}
machine."latest GNUmed server onto your  machine.
address@hidden:~# echo ""

address@hidden:~# echo "It will also take care to also install the"
It will also take care to also install the
address@hidden:~# echo "dependancies needed to operate GNUmed smoothly."
dependancies needed to operate GNUmed smoothly.
address@hidden:~# echo "================================================"
address@hidden:~#
address@hidden:~# # prepare environment
address@hidden:~# mkdir -p ~/.gnumed/server-installation/
address@hidden:~# cd ~/.gnumed/server-installation/
address@hidden:~/.gnumed/server-installation# rm -r GNUmed-v?
address@hidden:~/.gnumed/server-installation# rm -f
address@hidden:~/.gnumed/server-installation#
address@hidden:~/.gnumed/server-installation# # install dependancies
address@hidden:~/.gnumed/server-installation# echo ""

address@hidden:~/.gnumed/server-installation# echo "Installing dependancies ..."
Installing dependancies ...
address@hidden:~/.gnumed/server-installation# echo ""

address@hidden:~/.gnumed/server-installation# echo "Do you want to install the
following dependancies"
Do you want to install the following dependancies
address@hidden:~/.gnumed/server-installation# echo "needed to smoothly operate
the GNUmed server ?"
needed to smoothly operate the GNUmed server ?
address@hidden:~/.gnumed/server-installation# echo ""

address@hidden:~/.gnumed/server-installation# echo "${DEPS}"

address@hidden:~/.gnumed/server-installation# echo ""

address@hidden:~/.gnumed/server-installation# read -e -p "Install dependancies
? [y/N]: "
Install dependancies ? [y/N]: if test "${REPLY}" == "y" ; then
address@hidden:~/.gnumed/server-installation# echo ""

address@hidden:~/.gnumed/server-installation# echo "You may need to enter the
password for \"${USER}\" now:"
You may need to enter the password for "root" now:
address@hidden:~/.gnumed/server-installation# sudo ${PKG_INSTALLER} ${DEPS}
usage: sudo -h | -K | -k | -L | -l | -V | -v
usage: sudo [-bEHPS] [-p prompt] [-u username|#uid] [VAR=value]
            {-i | -s | <command>}
usage: sudo -e [-S] [-p prompt] [-u username|#uid] file ...
address@hidden:~/.gnumed/server-installation# fi
-su: syntax error near unexpected token `fi'
address@hidden:~/.gnumed/server-installation#
address@hidden:~/.gnumed/server-installation# # get and unpack package
address@hidden:~/.gnumed/server-installation# echo ""

address@hidden:~/.gnumed/server-installation# echo "Downloading package
..."Downloading package ...
address@hidden:~/.gnumed/server-installation# echo ""

address@hidden:~/.gnumed/server-installation# wget -c
http://www.gnumed.de/downloads/server/GNUmed-server.latest.tgz
--2008-10-09 21:23:29--
http://www.gnumed.de/downloads/server/GNUmed-server.latest.tgz
Resolving www.gnumed.de... 213.239.197.11
Connecting to www.gnumed.de|213.239.197.11|:80... connected.
Length: 553095 (540K) [application/x-gzip]
Saving to: `GNUmed-server.latest.tgz'

100%[======================================>] 553,095      135K/s   in 4.0s

2008-10-09 21:24:04 (135 KB/s) - `GNUmed-server.latest.tgz' saved
[553095/553095]

address@hidden:~/.gnumed/server-installation# tar -xzf GNUmed-server.latest.tgz
address@hidden:~/.gnumed/server-installation# BASEDIR=`ls -1 -d GNUmed-v?`
address@hidden:~/.gnumed/server-installation# mv -f GNUmed-server.latest.tgz
${BASEDIR}-server.tgz
address@hidden:~/.gnumed/server-installation#
address@hidden:~/.gnumed/server-installation# # run bootstrapper
address@hidden:~/.gnumed/server-installation# cd ${BASEDIR}/server/bootstrap/
address@hidden:~/.gnumed/server-installation/GNUmed-v9/server/bootstrap# echo ""

address@hidden:~/.gnumed/server-installation/GNUmed-v9/server/bootstrap# echo
"Installing database ..."
Installing database ...
address@hidden:~/.gnumed/server-installation/GNUmed-v9/server/bootstrap# echo ""

address@hidden:~/.gnumed/server-installation/GNUmed-v9/server/bootstrap# echo
"The GNUmed server version \"${BASEDIR}\" has been"
The GNUmed server version "GNUmed-v9" has been
address@hidden:~/.gnumed/server-installation/GNUmed-v9/server/bootstrap# echo
"prepared for installation in the directory"
prepared for installation in the directory
address@hidden:~/.gnumed/server-installation/GNUmed-v9/server/bootstrap# echo ""

address@hidden:~/.gnumed/server-installation/GNUmed-v9/server/bootstrap# echo "
["`pwd`"]"
 [/root/.gnumed/server-installation/GNUmed-v9/server/bootstrap]
address@hidden:~/.gnumed/server-installation/GNUmed-v9/server/bootstrap# echo ""

address@hidden:~/.gnumed/server-installation/GNUmed-v9/server/bootstrap# echo
"The GNUmed database is about to be installed."
The GNUmed database is about to be installed.
address@hidden:~/.gnumed/server-installation/GNUmed-v9/server/bootstrap# echo
"You may need to enter your password now:"
You may need to enter your password now:
address@hidden:~/.gnumed/server-installation/GNUmed-v9/server/bootstrap# sudo
./bootstrap-latest.sh
ln: creating symbolic link `Gnumed': File exists
/root/.gnumed/server-installation/GNUmed-v9/server/bootstrap
Bootstrapping latest GNUmed database.

This will set up a GNUmed database of version v9
with the name "gnumed_v9".
=======================================
Bootstrapping GNUmed database system...
=======================================
You are about to install the following parts of GNUmed:
bundle "config" in <gnumed> (or overridden) on <>
bundle "reference" in <gnumed> (or overridden) on <>
bundle "demographics" in <gnumed> (or overridden) on <>
bundle "clinical" in <gnumed> (or overridden) on <>
bundle "documents" in <gnumed> (or overridden) on <>
bundle "office" in <gnumed> (or overridden) on <>
This will set up a monolithic GNUmed backend with all bundles
in one database named [gnumed]. It will contain the core schema
without country or language-specific components. Those will
have to be added by using one of the bootstrap-XX.conf file
where XX represents the ISO country code.
Currently this file will also import the test accounts which
MUST be removed prior to real use.

Do you really want to install this database setup ?
Type yes or no: yes
Bootstrapping aborted by user.
Please check the log file for details.
Bootstrapping "gnumed_v2" did not finish successfully. Aborting.
address@hidden:~/.gnumed/server-installation/GNUmed-v9/server/bootstrap#

I am sorry for I do not know the correct directory for nano to open for the
bootstap log. From the quick glance of the log file it looks like I am
missing a python file.
Gnumed-client was installed via apt-get
As a side note in the Ledgersmb forum it was suggested that the end user ie
someone like me should not be modifying Postgres congfiguration for fear
of messing it up.
If I missed a log file let me know
Also I have not touched any configuarion files. By rights it should work
straight out of the box.
In file:///usr/share/doc/gnumed/user-manual some of the manual pages are
missing. I will do another thread if this is of any help.
Many thanks
Geordie