[Gnumed-devel] libpq.dll cannot load dependencies, pg_ctl.exe cannot be

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] libpq.dll cannot load dependencies, pg_ctl.exe cannot be started
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2008 19:38:40 +0200

Hi all,

We are squashing the bugs on GNUmed portable. The client seems to work fine
for many people while the server poses problems.

I have narrowed it down. On some systems dll files are missing. They get
installed when you install postgresql on windows.

There is some discussion on the web but no real solution. Seems like those
problems were introduced along with the 8.3 release which uses MS Visual
Studio 2005.

Does anyone here have a programming background and can answer the following
qustion:

Is there a  way to move the identified dll files to a location other than c:
\WinSxS\foo so the will be picked up by the pg_ctl.exe instead of the system
wide installed ones.

This has something to do with manifest files which I know very little about.

Any help is appreciated. All this can be solved by installing postgresql on
the target machine (not using it of course) but I guess this is no option.

--
Sebastian Hilbert
Leipzig / Germany