Re: [Gnumed-devel] idea (Part 2) for improved narrative representations

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] idea (Part 2) for improved narrative representations in EMR Journal and EMR tree
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2008 23:57:10 +0200

On Sun, Oct 12, 2008 at 02:34:41PM -0700, Jim Busser wrote:

> There perhaps already exists agreement that two different kinds of views
> each have value.

Surely, and not only two. Just saying that perhaps there
should be another view entirely, not a reworking of the
Journal view, perhaps an "Entry Journal" or something ?

> I am concerned that if you saw a patient last night, and I see them this
> morning, and I make decisions based on what is available to me, and you
> then come in later, and add an entry which is clinically backdated to
> last night (but information which I did not have available to me)

In the in-CVS journal that information is now sorted under
the clin_when but tagged with the modified_when so there is
no doubt about that.

> What options to we have to be able to present information
>
> a) in a meaning sequence of *documentation* (including its subsequent
> alteration) and
> b) in a meaningful sequence according to our backdating of when clinical
> events were experienced (or medical care was received) by a patient?

Yes, both.