Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed Portable in the wild

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed Portable in the wild
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 11:43:57 +0200

On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 09:59:17AM +0200, Hilbert, Sebastian wrote:

> I tested an unaltered build of GNUmedPortable on a Computer in my hospital.
>
> It runs server and client out of the box but is very slow
>
> Windows 2000 Service Pack 4, USB 1.1 512 MB RAM.
                               ^^^^^^^
                               Well, what can I say.

12 MBit/s max although sticks are usually low speed at 1.5
MBit/sec which is more like a nowadays-normal internet
connection. Which is then for all data including GNUmed
client code and PostgreSQL code not just the *data* like
when you connect to our public database.

When booting from a live-cd the transfer speed is more like
38 MBit/s (32x = 4.8 MB/s).

Nevertheless, this is great !