[Gnumed-devel] Re: MedinTux needs french to english translators to sprea

From: Andreas Tille
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: MedinTux needs french to english translators to spread worldwide
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 16:18:03 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 28 Oct 2008, delafond gerard wrote:

Well... The situation changed since this time.

1st, french speaking african people started using it. this shows that when the
language is OK, the program is OK.

That's good news.

2nd, MedinTux becomes more and more modular, so most specific adaptations can
be made
in user space.

That's good news as well.

I don't think modularizing the code is a priority.
I think people can start using it, without using the france-specific features.
They only need having it in their own language.

Well, I'm basically missing detailed knowledge to judge here so I just trust
your
word.  As I know Free Software principle people will start with the translation
once the program becomes important enough for them.

> So what I would suggest is that not only French speaking people try
> to get in contact with GĂ©rard (he speaks English as well) but people
> who are interested in practice management software in general and
> perhaps trying to think about cooperation with GNUmed makes sense so
> perhaps even discussing here on the GNUmed list might make perfectly
> sense.

Yes

So I'm hoping for a fruitful cooperation here. :-)

Kind regards

       Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de