Re: [Gnumed-devel] BACKUP / RESTORE

From: Rogerio Luz
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] BACKUP / RESTORE
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 14:00:38 -0200

PostgreSQL 8.3 ... I run Debian Lenny / Testing

Rogerio

2008/10/28 Karsten Hilbert <address@hidden>
On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 05:19:31PM -0200, Rogerio Luz wrote:

> I did it !!!
Great.

> Had to open PgAdmin conect to a gnumed_v8 database and delete the v9
That would work, yes.

> Then run the sript (left all the roles the way they were) and the restore
> worked.
Good.

> the only thing is now I run the 0.3.5 client and get a message as it starts,
> after the login screen and before the "server language" windows:
>
> -------------------------
> There is a serious problem with the database settings:
>
>  option [lc_messages] = [pt_BR.UTF-8] risks "suboptimal error detection"
>
> You may have to contact your administrator for help.
>
> Please consult the error log for all the gory details !
> ------------------------

OK, which PostgreSQL version is that ? It seems that some
older versions apparently do not dump changed database
defaults. We change the lc_messages default to C such that
we receive English error strings which we can then evaluate.
The above is not fatal but "risks suboptimal error
detection".

To improve the situation you could run

       set default_transaction_read_only to off;
       alter database gnumed_v9 set lc_messages to 'C';

from within pgAdmin.

> The program seems to freeze for about 1 minute then tells mne "CanĀ“t find
> version information", but it is NOT on the internet,
That is the tcp/ip timeout when it tries to load version
information from the web but cannot (because it has no
internet connection). You can switch that off in the
options menu.

> after this all goes
> well, it connects do DB and the DB seems fine (at least all my patients are
> ok)
Sounds OK to me.

E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346