Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed 0.3.5 client released

From: Florian Hubold
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed 0.3.5 client released
Date: Sun, 02 Nov 2008 19:21:13 +0100

Sebastian Hilbert schrieb:
On Sonntag 02 November 2008, you wrote:

How do you produce the rpm ? Do you ship a current config file ?

Please check if an old config file exists in /home/user/.gnumed/gnumed.conf

from previous installation
which needs to be updated.
I'm using the adapted spec which i sent to you earlier this year.
I have made some small adaptions so that automatic bootstrapping
and automatic updating should work now, but seems something
interferes in the process.
It tells me that you are trying to connect to a version 8 database with a 0.3.5 client which can only be used with a version 9 database.

so you are saying it does not aks anything when run from an rpm installation ?
Yes, at the step where it would ask for yes/no to created/update/drop
the current database, it just quits and does not ask for anything.
Maybe this has to do how the shell/environment is run during
rpm %post installation scripts. I have to investigate this with
some mandriva maintainers which now more on that specific area than me.
Another option would be to let the enduser, who is installing the package,
call that script manually, so another password than the default could
be used.

I am not really working on them. If you succeed and produce high quality packages I would like to have them built by the buildservice of OpenSUSE/Novell.

I would use your spec file and let the buildservice do the rest.
I'm trying to produce working packages, which give the enduser a working
environment without errors. It's not on me to decide what quality they are.