Re: [Gnumed-devel] <bug>: s

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] <bug>: s
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 20:49:05 +0100

On Freitag 14 November 2008, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
> Hello Davide,
>
> thanks for your report !

> > 2008-11-14 16:37:16  [INFO]
> > (/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/Gnumed/wxpython/gmGuiMain.py:<module>@
> >80):  GNUmed client version [v0.2.8.10]
>
> If at all possible for you upgrade to 0.2.8.11 which fixes
> an important bug.

Again the issue that he might notice from GNUmed that a new version is
available but no debs are there.

I still have a hard time getting the point of having buggy stable releases
than less-buggy updates ones. Ok they might make a system less stable if new
bugs or dependencies are introduced but how likely is that ?

It is a pain in the ....... to no have updated versions in Lenny and various
Ubuntu distributions.

If anyone with packaging skills for Debian could help out please contact  me
so we can fill the GNUmed repository for Ubuntu in launchpad and Debian Lenny
in the Novell Buildservice.

--
Sebastian Hilbert
Leipzig / Germany