Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: SOAP display

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: SOAP display
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 16:38:27 +0100

On Donnerstag 27 November 2008, Gour wrote:

> Karsten> SQL, but only in the database-facing middleware.
>
> Hmm, that makes use of Django-like framework too low-level...importing
> db schema into it is not pretty job :-)
>

> Sincerely,
> Gour

what is Django like ? Does it try to aaccess the database itself ? One could
try to reuse the middleware which does the database access stuff. I guess
rather than a complete framework we are after a web gui toolkit. I never
attempted a web gui since there are nomerous toolkits as well as numerous gui
toolkit. AJAX, Google Gears and the like come to mind.

One of the issues to take care of is maintainability. If we use a toolkit
without a strong background we might get stuck.

I would appreciate if anyone could look at all the toolkit and select those
that make the weggui coding easy and maintainable, preferably use python and
make use of the GNUmed python/db middleware.

--
Sebastian Hilbert
Leipzig / Germany