Re: [Gnumed-devel] ICD10 Plugin

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] ICD10 Plugin
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2008 10:46:26 +0100

> Von: Slappinjohn <address@hidden>

> Ok, I think we need a table (maybe one for each translation or one with
> all and description in diverent languages, don't know exactly how the
> l10n is done) containing code and description and both should be used
> for searching (either by code or by keyword)

OK. We already have that table. In fact, there is two:

   clin.coded_phrase

which holds user generated code/phrase associations and

   ref.coding_system_root  (and its child tables)

which holds official coding system content. ICD10 would go in that table. Or
rather
in a table ref.icd10 - a child table of ref.coding_system_root - which would
hold all
ICD10 variations.

But you don't need to be concerned about such details (only if you want to)
because
you can also simply tell us:

"My widget will give you a term and wants a list of matching terms with codes."
Or "My widget will give you a term and a code and you should store that
combination for future use."

We can take care of whatever database access is required for that for you --
unless you really
want to do that yourself.

> As I got it from DIMDI we need to adopt the license-file to suit
> copyright instructions for ICD10-GM:
>
> "Die Erstellung erfolgte unter Verwendung der maschinenlesbaren Fassung
> des Deutschen Instituts für Medizinische Dokumentation und Information
> (DIMDI):
> Registrierungscode ________________________."
>
> Maybe this has to be done in other countries too.

The table which defines metadata about coding systems has a field to hold
license information :-)

> And where did you get the info from that 2008th version is available for
> free? Only found the new version to pay for.
Oh, I just remember having read on their website that the *previous* version is
available for free.
That would be 2006 now, I believe ?

http://www.gmx.net/de/go/multimessenger