Re: [Gnumed-devel] re: Sidux install

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] re: Sidux install
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 00:33:06 +0100

On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 08:13:02AM -0500, Geordie wrote:

> # Database administrative login by UNIX sockets
> # allow some people to impersonate "postgres" when connecting to template1
> local   template1       postgres                        ident postgres-alikes
> # replace N with the database version you want to install
> local   gnumed_vN     postgres                       ident postgres-alikes

This line is entirely useless for GNUmed operation. The rest
looks reasonable.

> /etc/gnumed/gnumed-client.conf
> The Wiki suggest using this .conf file however it is not installed  with
> 0.3.8 so I used this etc/gnumed/gnumed.conf and it looks like this
> nano  etc/gnumed/gnumed.conf

This will not do anything. You need the
/etc/gnumed/gnumed-client.conf file. You must have
configured the backend profiles elsewhere, such as in
~/.gnumed/gnumed.conf or you are using
--conf-file=/etc/gnumed/gnumed.conf somehow.

But the content of the file you posted looks fine.

> Karsten, I was wondering what will happen when sidux gets KDE 4.2 in January?

I have no idea. I do not expect conceptual problems,
however. As soon as wxPython runs on that, GNUmed will, too.

> If there is anything else I can help with, let me know.
Thanks, it'd be a great help if you stay alert on the list
trying to help out others who are getting into trying out
GNUmed.