[Gnumed-devel] GNUmed adoption

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed adoption
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 12:51:53 +0100

Measuring GNUmed adoption is not easy. Few (potential) users are vocal about
it.

How can we the see who has an interest in GNUmed ?

1.) We can measure Live-CD downloads
freshmeat gives us numbers of how many clicked the link but some might
download and never try

2.) We can monitor Wiki users (viewers). Suprisingly there seem to be quite a
number of viewer. 50% are search engines but 50% are unique visitors.
Averages at 30 a day.

3.) We can monitor bug reports. Surprisingly there were only a few lately
which means either noone tried or no bugs were found.

One indicator for usage has been the public database. Every now and then new
records appear in the document plugin so there seems to be some people
connecting somehow to the version 9 database which means the use client
0.3.8.

If anyone here reading this has GNUmed in use one way or the other we would
like to hear about it and document it here.

http://wiki.gnumed.de/bin/view/Gnumed/SuccessStories

--
Sebastian Hilbert
Leipzig / Germany