[Gnumed-devel] GnuMed Brazilian Community: translate GnuMed

From: Emmanuel Ferro
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] GnuMed Brazilian Community: translate GnuMed
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 15:20:04 -0300

Thank you. I am studing the manuals and gnumed's workflow.

Great to hear you like it. If you plan on translating on a more or less
continous basis you have two options. You can either check out the source
code from CVS and use an editor to edit the po files. We have scripts in CVS
which convert those to mo files which are then shipped in a release.

The other way would be to use launchpad's webbased translation feature. We
would have to check how to integrate this into our worklfow but I believe po
files can be downloaded from launchpad.

You could join the launchpad GNUmed development team.

Good to hear you have a background in medicine which certainly is helpful. You
might be interested in Osirix as Dicom viewer and FOSS PACS as well as their
XML-RPC interface to drive it from GNUmed ( GNUmed part does not exist yet)

Main source of information is wiki.gnumed.de and lately www.gnumed.de. As you
have registered with the mailing list already there is little you can miss.

In the Wiki there is a document which will give you an overview over GNUmed.
If any questions arise let us know and we will do our best to help you out.

What will be your target platform ?

I interesting in GNU/Linux.

Best regards.

--
Sebastian Hilbert
Leipzig / Germany

Message: 4
On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 08:54:48AM +0100, Hilbert, Sebastian wrote:

> Great to hear you like it. If you plan on translating on a more or less
> continous basis you have two options. You can either check out the source
> code from CVS and use an editor to edit the po files.

I can also email you the .po file and check in/post-process
the translations you make.
It would be nice. Thank you.

E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346