Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Lenny 5.0

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Lenny 5.0
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 13:01:47 +0100

On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 11:32:20PM -0300, Rogerio Luz wrote:

> > > Karsten: the check-prerequisites.sh work, but it doesn´t check ALL the
> > > prerequisites at ONCE, I had to run it 5-6 times because it gives one
> > > python package at a time in the error codes.
> > How would you like it to be better ?
>
> Maybe list all the dependencies I miss at once? Don´t know how this would be
> done though :)

Better ?

This script will check your environment for applications
and services the GNUmed client depends on.

Please make sure to also read the INSTALL and README files.

You need to be able to connect to a PostgreSQL
server. It is, however, non-trivial to reliably
test for that.
If you want to work with a *local* database (on this
machine) you should see at least one process saying
'postgres' in the following list.
If you don't you can still use our public database
at salaam.homeunix.com for testing or connect to a
GNUmed database installed on another machine.

 2598 ?        S      0:02 /usr/lib/postgresql/8.3/bin/postgres -D
/var/lib/postgresql/8.3/main -c
config_file=/etc/postgresql/8.3/main/postgresql.conf
 2602 ?        Ss     0:01 postgres: writer process

 2603 ?        Ss     0:01 postgres: wal writer process

 2604 ?        Ss     0:02 postgres: autovacuum launcher process

 2605 ?        Ss     0:04 postgres: stats collector process

16102 ?        Ss     0:00 postgres: any-doc gnumed_v10 [local] idle

16103 ?        Ss     0:01 postgres: any-doc gnumed_v10 [local] idle

=> checking for Python interpreter ...
=> found
/home/ncq/Projekte/gm-cvs/branches/HEAD/gnumed

-------------------------------
Checking for Python modules
===========================
 mx.DateTime... found
 enchant... found
 psycopg2... found
 wxversion... found
  selecting unicode enabled version >= 2.8... success
 wx(python)... found
 uno... found
 Gnuplot... found
 GNUmed Python modules...
  ERROR: GNUmed's own Python modules not installed site-wide
  INFO : these handle most of the work in GNUmed
  INFO : it may still be possible to run GNUmed locally
  INFO : from a directory containing a CVS tree
 twain...
  ERROR: twain not installed
  INFO : this is needed to access scanners on Windows
  INFO : GNUmed will work but you will be unable to
  INFO : scan if you are on a Windows machine

sys.path is currently set as follows:
  /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/wx-2.8-gtk2-unicode
  /home/ncq/Projekte/gm-cvs/branches/HEAD/gnumed
  /usr/lib/python2.5
  /usr/lib/python2.5/plat-linux2
  /usr/lib/python2.5/lib-tk
  /usr/lib/python2.5/lib-dynload
  /usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages
  /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages
  /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/Numeric
  /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/PIL
  /var/lib/python-support/python2.5
  /var/lib/python-support/python2.5/gtk-2.0

I will now check for a few utilities which
make working with GNUmed more productive but
are not strictly required for standard operation.
'file' command... found
'extract' command... found
'Aeskulap' DICOM viewer... found
'AMIDE' DICOM viewer... found
'XMedCon' DICOM viewer... found
'XSane' scanner frontend... found
'aspell' spell checker... found
'konsolekalender' KOrganizer controller... found
'gnuplot' command... found