Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Lenny 5.0

From: Rogerio Luz
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Lenny 5.0
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 18:10:17 -0300

Again, I am sorry for all this mess :)

I was just assuming people ALWAYS installed the tarball "just to give it a look", but seems I am completely misaken.

You are right that a gnumed-client would install the dependencies, but would it be the way someone just looking for a new idea in EMR would do it? And I can´t think of a way to see it the dependencies it installs are the  RIGHT one for say the 0.4 client... wxgtk2.8 ?

I think that just the fact that you have to manually config the PostgreSQL server is already taking a lot of people out of the experience of GNUmed.

This thread is getting a lot more interest than I thought when I posted my sripts ;) not that I see any problem, as I said before, I got the idea to write the scripts after a "if I were a newbie Debian 5.0" perspective.

Rogerio