[Gnumed-devel] debian volatile

From: Jim Busser
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] debian volatile
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 20:16:39 -0800

I looked at
        http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-volatile/
        http://release.debian.org/etch/rc_policy.txt

I am wondering whether, in the case of gnumed, there would be an argument to use volatile, but only in the case where the gnumed- client that was in stable would be found to create a serious data corruption to a medical record, or otherwise misrepresent patient medical information, or otherwise cause some risk to a real person.

If this is something that we might suggest for real-world use, then I imagine that in a preferences file it could be a good idea to pin

        gnumed-client

to the label l=debian-volatile so that among people who stick to "stable", "volatile" would have a higher priority?

Or do we think that everyone who would be using gnumed should be expecting to get new (including critical) updates via testing?